Google
 

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Picks for Thanksgiving

Greetings everyone on this early bird edition of Thanksgiving.

Here are my picks for this craptastic threesome of games

Tennessee Titans (-11) @ Detroit Lions
Had the Titans not lost last week I may have chosen the Lions to cover but they're annoyed because they not only have to be away from there families but also have to play on Thanksgiving against the Lions. That's like the boss calling you in on Christmas Eve to help sort out some financing, Titans. Maybe we'll even get a Vince Young sighting to make this holiday complete.

Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys (-12)
I missed most of last week's Cowboys game for work and it's the 1st Cowboys game with actual meaning that I've missed in years. I'm annoyed that I didn't watch it on TIVO before I went home for Thanksgiving. From what I've gathered it didn't sound like the team was overly impressive except for T.O and the pass rush for a little while. But Seattle is in shambles, the only chance I'd give them is Matt Hasslebeck is playing QB instead of Seneca Wallace, but that still won't be enough as Tony Romo will improve to 3-0 on Thanksgiving games.

Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles (-3)
I've bought into the Eagles all year and you think that after all this turmoil this team has gone through the past 5 days I'm going to turn my back on them now with Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb's job security questioned? Hell no, the Eagles find a way to win this game and somehow keep there slim playoff hopes alive. I can't believe I believe in them so much since I'm such a big Cowboys fan, I'll just say this; I hate there fans but McNabb and Brian Westbrook have been to good to my fantasy teams to just forget about all the good things they've done for me.

And the over/under for the battle of the birds is set at 47, take the over.

No comments: