Google
 

Sunday, December 7, 2008

picks

Pretty pointless to do picks now but ive done it before and i was annoyed i didnt do it last week, let's get to it

Minnesota Vikings (-10) @ Detroit Lions
Many think this is the best chance for the Lions to get a win, and they will probably come out playing hard because it's probably in the back of there minds. Then they'll proceed to fall flat on there face. Vikings

Cincinatti Bengals @ Indinapolis Colts (-13.5)
Colts have blown out 1 team this season and have had some very fortunate victories, Bengals have played some top talent close but haven't won, the same should hold true today, Bengals to cover, Colts outright

Atlanta Falcons @ Nawlins Saints (-3)
Saints I desparately want you guys to win, the more losses the Falcons get the better, I trust you guys at home today

Philadelphia Eagles @ NY Giants (-6.5)
Now everybody loves McNabb again it's time for a clunker, the Eagles are fully capable of pulling off the upset but I don't think it's gonna happen, Giants. I hate picking them, the O/U is looking mighty low at 40.5

Houston Texans @ GB Packers (-7)
Both these teams have lost there share of heartbreakers and it's why both teams appear to be on the outside looking in for the playoff race, I like what the Texans have been doing and think they're fully capable of pulling off the upset, assuming Matty Schaub isn't rusty to start the game, I like the Texans

Cleveland Browns @ Tennessee Titans (-14)
They kicked the crap out of every other mediocre team they've played. The only reason the spread isn't bigger is because the Titans aren't a dynamic offense but with Ken Dorsey starting for the Browns it is going to get ugly. Cowboys fans look out for a potential Richard Bartel sighting. Titans

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Chicago Bears (-6.5)
Jags suck, DA BEARS

NY Jets (-4) @ San Francisco 49ers
Why are the Jets favored by just 4? I realilze Singeltary has them playing well but I just see them getting destroyed today, O/U is at 45 take the over.

NE Patriots (-7) @ Seattle Seahawks
Another east coast team going out west and another low spread, Patriots have to get out there anger after getting destroyed last week. Oh and I forgot to mention the Jets need to do the same thing this week, what an embarrassment against the broncos

KC Chiefs @ Denver Broncos (-9)
It would be classic if the Broncos lost this week, I mean they're in the playoffs so if they blew this game just to mess with people I'd respect it, how do you get blown out at home vs. the Raiders then win AT the Jets, doesn't make sense. Even though the Chiefs dominated Denver before I expect the good Broncos to come out this week.

*Sidenote* one of my favorite Simpsons moments was when Homer dream is to become the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and then at the end of the episode he becomes the owner of the Denver Broncos and he lets out, "OHHHHHHHHHHH the Denver Broncos" That episode "You Only Move Twice" with Hank Scorpio is probably my favorite episode ever.

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills (-1)
The Bills are to hard to predict, but they did just embarrass themselves last week, but they're playing there 1st game ever in Toronto so the atmosphere should be raucous. I guess I'll take them

St. Louis Rams @ Arizona Cardinals (-14)
The Cardinals are back at home after a big layoff and a slaughtering of the birds, this will get ugly though for the Rams

Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-3.5)
I think the Cowboys can and will win and it may be stupid especially since Marion Barber is out with his toe. Only thing I'm worried about (and it's dumb to say this as if it's a little thing) is the protection for Tony Romo. Flozell Adams and Marc Columbo have to play there best games of the season. They can't let Woodley and Harrison get free and wreak havoc because that's how they blew out the Patriots last week (along with a specials teams gaffe by the Pats) I'm confident in our corners though and Demarcus Ware to be healthy and even though the Steelers line has been better the last 2 games we need to be in Big Ben's face all day and freakin wrap up a QB for a change. We win this game we will make the playoffs. That whole paragraph wasn't very confident sounding but I'll be a homer and take the Cowboys

Washington Redskins @ Baltimore Ravens (-6)
Washington's playoff hopes are hanging by a thread and it's over if they lose tonight. There secondary is good enough to where it may cause Joe Flacco some problems, especially if there mediocre running game is shut down early. Baltimore needs this game as badly as the 'Skins to get a wildcard spot. They're at home I'll take the Ravens

Monday Night
Tampa Bay Bucs @ Carolina Panthers (-3)
I think the reason I'm somewhat biased against these 2 teams is I don't find them interesting or intriguing at all, and the fact that the Bucs lost to Brad Johnson. There's nothing about these teams that makes me really confident about them, and it's really offensively I speak of because they both possess some really talented defensive players. Oh but you want me to choose the game, NFC South, take the home team. Thems the rules, Panthers


I apologize also to the millions (AND MILLIONS) of my readers for not keeping up with this blog the past month or 2, I had some momentum going but just can't seem to just sit in front of the computer and write on my blog. Perhaps it will change, but let's not bicker about thing i should be doing because I can be here all day. It's probably just best to ignore this half drunken rambling, but yea the quality isn't the best at this point, oh well, whattareyagonnado, read another blog? hogwash

No comments: