Google
 

Friday, December 19, 2008

Picks for the weekend...

Not much time today gotta get to my picks quick

Baltimore Ravens @ Dallas Cowboys (-4)
Both times the Ravens played the Steelers they should have won only to screw up towards the end of the game. Actually these teams should be a combined 3-0 vs. the Steelers if not for some screwups but oh well, there luck will run out in the playoffs. I think both defenses are top notch and it will come down to offensive line and quarterback play. In this case I see the Cowboys having the edge (experience at QB and the Cowboys defensive blitzes will be a bigger problem for the Ravens o-line then the other way around) And if the Cowboys needed any more extra motivation it's the last game at Texas stadium, Cowboys.

Nawlins Saints (-7) @ Detroit Lions
The Lions have been playing close as of late and aren't just rolling over. Many people think this will be the week they get that win they so desperately seek, I don't necessarily think they'll win but I see them covering. I'll take the over which is set at 50

Pittsburgh Steelers (-2) @ Tenessee Titans
With Kyle VandenBosch and 'Fat' Albert Haynesworth not playing this game I see the Steelers winning this game and end up with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

San Francisco 49ers (-5.5) @ St. Louis Rams
The only advantage the Rams have going for them in this game is it's a noon start time and west coast teams have sucked all year in the early starts. But I still like Singeltary's club playing a team who's lost 8 straight.

Cincinatti Bengals @ Cleveland Browns (-3)
What an awful game, can't they just simulate this on Madden, to think people will actually pay to go to this game is a little unsettling. I like the Browns defense more so I suppose I'll take them.

Miami Dolphins (-3.5) @ KC Chiefs
I'm tired of watching the damn Dolphins win, they inch by every week not winning convincingly it makes it hard to pick them every week and frankly I'm not doing it this week either. I like Tyler Thigpen and Dwayne Bowe and if they can slow down the run just a little bit they will win. CHIEFS!!!

Arizona Cardinals @ NE Patriots (-8)
Again a west coast team traveling east (and the Cardinals have not fared well going East or playing the noon game) And they'll probably be resting there players before they gear up for there playoff game in 2 weeks, this should be a cakewalk for the Patriots.

San Diego Chargers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3.5)
The Chargers have the ability to win this game, but they're so unpredictable and erratic nobody knows what to expect. The noon start as I've mentioned a couple times in this article already, has affected every west coast team in just about every game not to mention the NFC South's dominance at home. Just to much going against the Chargers for me to pick then (and believe me I'd love to) take the Bucs.


Houston Texans (-7) @ Oakland Raiders
Houston has been playing like a playoff caliber team and there victory against the Titans last week should go a long way going forward for this teams confidence. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to be able to win games like this against the Raiders convincingly. It will be interesting to see Nnamdi Asomugha go up against Andre Johnson for the Texans. Texans

NY Jets (-3.5) @ Seattle Seahawks
The Jets are 0-3 when traveling to the West Coast this year and this will be an emotional game for the 'Hawks this week in hopes to get a win for Mike Holmgrem, I'll take the Seahawks

Buffalo Bills @ Denver Broncos (-6.5)
Last week's loss for the Bills was just a typical Sunday in the city of Buffalo, chalk that up as the 798th crushing loss for that city but they should keep there head up. They can win this game if Denver allows Marshawn Lynch to walk all over them like they let the Panthers running attack last week. I like the Bills

Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings (-3)
The Vikings looked great last week and surprisingly they won because of Tarvaris Jackson and not in spite of him, I like them this week, perhaps it wishful thinking that I think they will win but I'm desperately hoping the Falcons lose because they are probably a shoe in for the playoffs since they play the Rams next week.

Philadelphia Eagles (-5) @ Washington Redskins
The skins have no chance, only saving grace is it's a home game. I expect Philly to keep on truckin

Carolina Panthers @ NY Giants (-3)
People are expecting the Panthers to win, it's not gonna happen, why? well because I'm trying to get this article over with so my friend can have his laptop back.

Monday Night
GB Packers @ Chicago Bears (-4)
The Packers are being left for dead, but this rivalry should revive them. They have lost so many close games they're bound to win one. DUH DUH DUH DA DUH DUH DUH GO PACK GO!

CYA NEXT WEEK.

and go allen eagles win state this week damnit!!

No comments: