Google
 

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Male genitalia is ruining movies!

So I'm out tonight going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall excited for the movie, and though I did enjoy the movie as Judd Apatow has struck comedic gold yet again. The one thing that bothered me though was that I had to see the star of the movie Jason Segel's dick about 5 times!

It was about a split second each time it was shown but it was something that was unexpected. You literally could have billed the cast as Jason Segel, Kristen Bell as Sarah Marshall, Mila Kunis, Bill Hader...and INTRODUCING Jason Segel's PENIS!!!

Just judging from the movies I've seen from 2007 to now here are the following movies that have had nudity: Grindhouse, Walk Hard, Into the Wild, the Heartbreak Kid, Knocked up, 300, The Simpsons Movie (albeit brief) and the aforementioned Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

What's the problem with this list? There's 8 movies up there with nudity in them and 4 of them have a scene where you see a dick in them (FGM, Into the Wild, Walk Hard for about a minute, and you get to see Bart Simpsons weiner) There should never be a 1:1 ratio for male to female nudity in the movies (and I'm not even counting when you see a hung over Seth Rogen's ass in Knocked up)

I'm by no means a homophobe but I'm sure most would agree that the male body is disgusting, particularly when staring at a shriveled up weiner that is attractive to NOBODY! And in FGM Walk Hard and Into the Wild that's all it is shriveled up weiner shown to depict the male body in its normal form, but it's not art it's repulsive!

But women's bodies on the other hand, they have gorgeous figures and there bodies aren't shown off near as much as they used to in movies (nudity wise). And I'm not even saying to show a boob or ass just to show it but they hardly even have any real passionate and intense love scenes in movies anymore. Atonement I'm sure had some scenes like that in there but that movie bored me for the most part (mind you i was half paying attention while focusing on a video game, it's not like I'm unable to appreciate movies like that)

The main reason Judd Apatow and his people added it in his movies (he was apart of FGM and Walk Hard) is for shock value, the same reason he and Seth Rogen wrote in the penis montage in the movie Superbad. I can understand it for shock value but show it once and get it over with, after that it just gets awkward and by the end of the scene it just got annoying. I do give them credit for not just using shock value but making it funny but at what point does it become stale and overplayed?

Judd Apatow on one movie website said he will try to get a penis in every one of his movies, and the last 2 he's came out with he's yet to disappoint, so look out for when the Pineapple Express comes out James Franco and/or Seth Rogen's penis's are comin' to a theatre near you.

He also jokingly added this in the inerview he gave (that can be read here: http://www.movieweb.com/news/10/27310.php ) "That will be my Oscar montage. When I am seventy, and I get an Oscar for my humanitarian work, my on-screen montage will be a clip reel featuring all of the different parts of the human body that I wasn't afraid to show."

One last snippet from the interview that Apatow said, "I think it is funny that anybody is embarrassed by anything having to do with the naked human body. It just really makes me laugh. These are such conservative times. That Janet Jackson showing her nipple made people flip out is crazy to me. Like anybody would be emotionally crippled by the sight of a nipple. When we make these movies, if it is appropriate, it really makes me laugh to go far in that direction. It is my personal flipping of the bird to that type of fear and shame. We shouldn't be afraid of the human form."

And to this I completely agree, this nation as a whole has always been interested in sex because to us it will always be taboo. But sex sells and good looks can get you far especially in the entertainment industry but when a situation like a Janet Jackson incident happens or someone says something inappopriate we almost seem to lose the right of free speech we revert back to conservatism and everything is blown way out proportion like the Imus situation. And as for Janet we didn't even see her nipple. And that one nipple changed FCC regulations forever and ruined Howard Stern's career on regular radio, it's not like he just sprung up overnight he'd been doing the same schtick for over 25 years.

So to wrap this up it's time to put a stop to penises in movies unless it's guaranteed comedic gold because we all know boobs are a million times better then weiners. And as we are getting rid of the male genitalia it's time to start a movement to bring back more female nudity because a beautiful female that wasn't afraid to show off her body never hurt anybody (unless you got a case of blue balls)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if you are so offended by seeing a penis, maybe you shouldn't watch the movies. And here you are saying women should be naked on the screen, have you thought about how they feel about it? Nudity is not a big deal, it is everywhere. The Romans and Greeks worshiped the male body. If you hate seeing penises, why don't you chop yours off. If anything, I'm sick of seeing boobs in every movie, even when it is not relevant to the story. America needs to grow up and stop pretending that we have such high morals.

Anonymous said...

If you can get me or anyone else the information on how to contact the ratings boards to complain about all of the male genitalia in movies, I'd gladly voice my disgust with it too! It's sick and it needs to stop!