Google
 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Something that was bothering me...

I work at the American Airlines Center and tonight during the intermission of the hockey game they interviewed a player, pretty standard stuff. But as they wrap up the interview and say thanks for stopping by they mentioned how he'll get a gift certificate to Best Buy for participating. Last time I checked hockey players make 6 figures as the league minimum why the hell would they need a god damn gift certificate? To throw it in a closet with a pile titled useless junk?

It's not like hockey is the only sport that does it, any athlete participating on the local broadcast's post game interview receives some sort of gift, whether it be a tailored suit or free boots or glass dildos or whatever the hell they give away. The point is the majority of these player are freaking millionaires why the hell do they need a gift certificate, you'd be much better off giving 100 bucks to a charity of their choice or how bout just thank the athlete for doing the interview.
O and for Cowboys fans like myself I found this video to be funny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your persona bothers me.

Anonymous said...

Your comment is going to bother me all day, the least you could do is say who you are. I promise I won't bite.

Anonymous said...

You will bite you cupcake, you SIR, are no stud but cracker?

Perhaps. I want to sell you to a mexican farm.